This course provides training to individuals who have held a YMCA Swim Instructor v6 certification and that need to restore their certification due to COVID-19. The course follows the current YMCA Swim Instructor v6 Crossover course and acknowledges swim instructor experience and awards the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor v6 Certification. After successful completion of this course, Instructors will be able to identify components of the YMCA Swim Lessons continuum, demonstrate the behaviors of an effective YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor, maintain an inclusive environment of learning while keeping order in a positive and safe environment, employ swim teaching techniques that breakdown the critical features of a swimmer’s skill progression at any age and stage and demonstrate the swim instructor’s role in the safety process and during an emergency.
Note this course is not for new instructors not formerly certified in the YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor v6 course.
Participants need to Review the e-learning courses they took prior to their original Swim Lesson Instructor V6 course. These can be found on YMCA LINK L.C.D.C.
- Principles of Youth Development
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor V6: Observe & Communicate
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor V6: Communicate
Licences that need to be uploaded to YMCA LINK L.C.D.C.:
|CPR for Aquatics
|AED for Aquatics
Course Session Information:
- Friday, May 13th
- 6:00pm-8:30pm: Classroom Session #1 (ZOOM)
- Sunday, May 15th
- 9:00 am-11:30am: Pool Session #1
- Friday, May 20th
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Classroom Session #2 (ZOOM)
- Sunday, May 22nd
- 9:00 am – 11:45 am: Pool Sessions #2 & #3
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm: In-Person Classroom Session #3 (Review & Written exam & Wrap-up.